Monday 21 September 2020

I had a happy outing during the easing of lockdown last month and in the little cafe where we were eating lunch, I noticed this saying on the wall - it made a big impression on me!

With all that is going on in the world, it is all too easy, I find, to realise that my thoughts are straying into the past, `if only so and so had happened`, or concerns about the future, `what if?....

White Eagle, along with many spiritual teachers, reminds us often that time is just a concept of our material world and we need to try to live in the eternal now. But this is not easy, is it, especially when the news is so full of stories about the pandemic and the way it is affecting so many people. 

When I read the saying that `Today is a gift`, it truly lifted my heart and reminded me that the way we look on things which are happening right here and now is very significant. If those things are really challenging, it is certainly not easy, but I am sure that with the help of White Eagle`s wise words it is possible to look upon everything as a gift! We can learn so much through these things and have great opportunity to grow. `Your life is charged with opportunities to grow in wisdom, love and power!` says White Eagle in `The Best of White Eagle`.

This book contains many wonderful passages of his teaching! He goes on to say: `If you live tranquilly and patiently always with the consciousness of God`s love upholding you, you will find that all your life will be heaven...All things work together for good for the one who loves God. Your Father and Mother in heaven know your need...seek the inner silence, the stillness of the pure spirit. In this shall your strength lie.`


No comments:

Post a Comment