Wednesday 29 April 2020

The Source of All Our Strength


I wrote recently about the wonderful way in which we are often led to just the right piece of White Eagle teaching to help us in times of need - almost without even looking for it.

I have heard many stories about this, of a book falling open at a particular page, or dropping out of a bookcase. This morning, I was walking past my bookcase of White Eagle books, when my eye was drawn to the little book of sayings, similar to the Quiet Mind, 'The Source of All Our Strength'. I have not looked at this book for quite a long time, but as I took it out, it fell open at the chapter entitled 'The Power of Silence', and then looking at the introduction, I was reminded that the teachings in this book had been chosen specifically for the purpose of seeking to help those who, in whatever way, feel in need of healing, or wish for healing for a loved one or friend. I am sure this applies to all of us at this particular time!

So in the chapter which opened before my eyes, I read these words, which seem to me a direct message from White Eagle:
'When you are distracted by material things, keep very calm, keep very still. Remember the Brethren of the Silence, whose very power of achievement lies in silence. Touch the silence, and the power of the spirit will flow into you and disperse all your fears.'

One of the gifts of lock down could be the opportunity it is bringing, for those of us who are in isolation, to make more times every day - not just occasionally - when we can 'touch the silence' and receive the spiritual blessing it can bring. In the silence we can perhaps more easily attune to the source of all our strength, the light within our own hearts and the radiant light of the Star pouring down upon us from the Brethren of the Silence.

No comments:

Post a Comment