Wednesday 5 February 2020

The Miracle of Springtime


After the long dark nights of winter in the Northern Hemisphere, what a joy it is as, towards the end of January, it starts to become noticeably lighter in the morning and the evening sun sets later. 

I often think what it must have been like to live by candle and lamplight before the invention of electricity! Light is so important for our happiness and wellbeing, and I am thankful for the blessings of our modern lives - even though some things may be harder to count as blessings!

But, for me, the most joyous moments are to see before my eyes the 'miracle' of re-birth as the first of our spring flowers appear. Actually, we have had a very mild winter, and so already there are primroses in the hedgerows and snowdrops in New Lands garden.

I am sure you will have loved, as much as I do, the glorious cover photo of spring flowers on our February Stella Polaris! As soon as I saw it, I felt an awakening in my heart, and a reminder that dark testing days do not last forever. So, if you have had a tough and challenging last few months, the flowers bring hope, speak to us of new joy unfolding in our lives, and remind us that no matter how 'grey' our days may seem, we can bask in the sunshine of heavenly light!

On page eighty six of our magazine,  White Eagle reminds us: 'Look anywhere you like in nature, and if you ponder and meditate upon what you see you will call the demonstration a miracle. Plant your bulbs in the earth and each year you will be rewarded by a miracle!'

No comments:

Post a Comment