Friday 23 April 2021

Stillness versus Busyness...a blog for Wesak

White Eagle says: ‘The Lord Buddha brought to humanity the message of peace and brotherhood. He brought the message of stillness.’

The spiritually powerful festival of Wesak, comes at the time of the full moon when the Sun
is in Taurus.  This year that is Tuesday 27th April.  However, all around this time the beautiful influence of the Buddha permeates the ether, and those who are sensitive to these things are often very aware of this.

However, over the years I have noticed that on the outer everyday level, there is likely to be an acceleration of factors which test our ability to hold onto our feeling of inner poise and that ‘all is well’ no matter what is happening out there in the world.

This year, following months of enforced isolation and lockdown, with the easing of restrictions everything is bursting into life and suddenly, it seems, there is noise and rush again, cars everywhere and queues for shops and barbers. I think this is actually bringing a special opportunity for working at the lesson of peace and love for our fellow human beings! Easy to feel irritation at the noise and bustle; harder to keep in focus the quiet inner centre of our being.

I find affirmations really helpful in this. When all is rush and bustle around me, and maybe inside there is a feeling of panic and how can I cope with this?, I affirm ‘I am Divine Peace; all is well’, thinking of the Star shining into my heart as I do this. It really does help, and enables me to enjoy people’s happiness at their new freedom. I also look often at The Quiet Mind, and especially the section on being Calm, Quiet and Steady!

White Eagle says: ‘You become over-driven and disturbed by little things, petty things. This you must not do. Pray to be the master in the lodge of your own being. Learn to rule your lodge with love and truth, wisdom and beauty.’

No comments:

Post a Comment