Friday 23 October 2020

The Perfect Symbol of the Star

 In THE BOOK OF STARLIGHT, White Eagle reminds readers:

`The Star is the most powerful symbol which can be used for the good of humanity. It is a symbol of the perfect power and love in every human soul. Keep hope in your heart as you hold the vision of the Star, and always allow the power of love, balanced with wisdom (which shines from that Star), to guide your thoughts, your speech, your actions.`

A shining six-pointed Star has been an important symbol for me throughout my life, and never more so than at this time of the pandemic. I love this saying where White Eagle reminds us to `Keep hope in your heart as you hold the vision of the Star`! I think hope is a quality we all need very much just now. It seemed the pandemic was easing and there were better times ahead, but now we have daily news of more cases and more restrictions. When will it all end, we may wonder? And especially here in the northern hemisphere, where our long summer days are over, and we are at the start of months of short hours of light, and long nights of darkness! Oh dear, it is not so easy to keep a sunny smile on our faces...but here is something I find helpful!

Every time a depressing thought pops in to my mind, I think 'Star`! I replace the worried thought with the vision of our beautiful shining Star. I breathe in the healing light of the Star and as I breathe out, I see the worried thought melting away, like frost on the ground when the sun comes out. I breathe in hope and the certainty of God`s great wisdom, and that we really are all learning many important things in this time, difficult though it is. 

One thing many people have been sharing is about a greater realisation of what matters most in our lives. Not material things, but the love of our families and friends, and the light which really is in every human heart - even those we may find it difficult to like! If we can fill our thoughts and hearts with even more Star Light, this light will shine across the world to illumine every dark place. As we come now to the traditional time of bonfire night, and the Festival of Diwali in the Hindu tradition, let us `Let our Lights Shine` ever brighter with hope in our our hearts!

No comments:

Post a Comment