Wednesday 23 March 2016

Easter Resurrection



A few weeks ago, at our Anniversary time—eighty years since the first White Eagle Lodge was opened, I was talking in the Temple at New Lands about the power of God to do anything. In the White Eagle teaching we often read about ‘God’s omnipotence’. I remind myself that we all have a part of God, the Christ, within us, and the Aquarian age energy is actually helping us embrace this power to change and heal our own lives. God (the Christ Light as White Eagle calls it) is in us all.

At this moment, when sorrow at the events in Brussels is very much uppermost in our hearts, it is for me even more important to remember that Christ power within us which we can use to bring light to all involved. (It interested me that one of the messages at the ‘shrine’ in the centre of Brussels which a BBC reporter read out was: ‘Respond with Light’.)

In our Contact Healing Service we have the inspiring words: ‘When Christ within Jesus said: ”I AM the resurrection and the life”, he meant that the Christ Spirit, the recreative power and life, dwells within every one of God’s children. The life of God is within you, my child, and as you learn to say, deeply and strongly, from the Christ within your heart, “I AM the resurrection and the life”, that life-force rises within you and floods your whole being with light and healing.
‘The living Christ within the heart of every man and woman has the power to raise the body out of the limitations of physical matter. Every particle, every cell of the body is subject to the divine power and glory.
‘Hold fast to the certainty that Christ within you is King, and can overcome all weakness, all sickness, all inharmony.’

I often think of these words and at Easter time they are particularly relevant. So much of the story of Jesus’ birth and death is symbolic, and the resurrection is a demonstration of an eternal truth, a truth demonstrated throughout nature. A time of spring and re-birth follows winter and death, as surely as day follows night. And a reminder that the resurrection comes after all times of pain, and will do for our world, as much as for each one of us individually.

Jesus said: ‘What I do, you can do also’—helping his followers realise that the light of God is within us all. We can all learn to use the power of God to re-create our lives and our world. We cannot change our circumstances maybe, but we can change the way we think about them, and we can stimulate the light within others’ hearts too.

In an article in the Easter issue of our White Eagle magazine Stella Polaris last year our Australasian leader Lyn Edwards wrote about ‘Our Magnificent Intelligent Cells’. She quoted Professor Bruce Lipton in his book Biology of Belief. In this he explains that our individual cells have porous membranes which absorb the vibrations of our thoughts.  So our thoughts immediately affect every cell of our bodies. If we think harmonious and creative thoughts, we help our cells re-create in beneficial, healthy ways. We can literally bring resurrection into our bodies, and that same power can bring light out of the darkness in our world.

So, this Easter time, my resolution is to work even more on making my thoughts
positive, and as I affirm:
'I am the resurrection and the life'
to visualise the light of the Star (as I breathe it in) re-energising the Christ Light within me, so it flows even more powerfully to every cell of my body, bringing new life, new hope, new creativity.  I hope you may try this too! And as I breathe out so I see our Earth and all peoples in that Christ Light. We are all one!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful words.Reminded me to be positive and grateful.

    ReplyDelete