Tuesday 23 October 2018

A Lighthouse in the Darkness


We recently received a comment on our Facebook page which has inspired me very much. The comment was: `Thank you for being there! Like a lighthouse in the darkness.`

Many years ago, talking in the London Lodge, White Eagle likened our work to being a lighthouse in the dark years of the second world war and the austere time which followed. The strong and constant light of a lighthouse shines out through fog and storms to guide mariners to safety. The light of White Eagle`s teaching and the ever-growing brightness of our shining star symbol, is always there, like a lighthouse. It is built on a firm rock foundation of the eternal truth of the ancient wisdom. 

This wisdom of the ages is unchanging in our world of ever changing technology and innovation.
When feeling buffeted by media storms and news of yet another tragedy in the world, I find it helpful to contemplate the lighthouse image and its symbolism. I have also started now to try to feel myself actually being a lighthouse! So as well as having the image of the external lighthouse shining out into the dark world, I try to feel in my own being the solidity and safety of the rock foundation - strengthening my inner core of faith in God`s perfect plan - and stand tall and shining through every outer gale....well that is my goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment